Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pretty in Pink



Femininity, being dainty and sweet not only in spirit but in dress and attitude, these are things I have aspired to be for as long as I can remember. So when I set out to make a card for a girly girl, I knew purses, shoes, and polka-dots bathed in pink was the way to go. 

I wanted the card to be simple, soft and not overly crowded, so I stuck to the basics. 


I actually drew and cut out the shoe and purse, then embellished the set with ribbon and some scalloped paper bits. Since I didn't have black paper, I used a Sharpie instead to blackout the white paper and trace in the shoe. (that's why it looks a tad 'steaky')



Trying to be professional I even added my "label" to the back. My handwriting is by no means great, but hey, at least it got the job done. 



It ended up being a fairly heavy card, so I hope the stamp I put on it, carries it to its destination. 

Of course, at this moment, I realize that I forgot to date it ... oh well. I suppose if I were to forget something, I'd rather it be the date than say, a signature. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...