Tuesday, April 2, 2013

FO: Winterfell



Pattern: Winterfell Cowl (Game of Thrones) by Fancy Tiger Knits
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in colorway "Heather Gray" 
Mods: Used needle size of 8 instead of 10, also I knitted 15 pattern repeats instead of 12 
Knit While Watching (in order): "Vikings", "Game of Thrones", "Red Widow", "Dallas" and "Bates Motel"

I set out to make this for a "Games of Thrones" KAL started in the Ravelry group called the Season 3 KAL: The KnitGuard. Lots of gorgeous patterns have been chosen, I'm so excited to see what others knit up. It's all sure to be, some beautiful work and FO's.

Winterfell Cowl is a, truly lovely and simple pattern. Good tv knitting (because you don't have to look down), even though it was simple, I still found it hard to work on during my favorite shows. 



Alas, Winter is not coming in my neck of the woods, in fact Summer is coming, and Summers are humid, sticky and hot, so I don't know how much use I'll get out of this sweet cowl except for the more chilly Spring nights that might pop up ever so often in the coming months. 

So excited to get something done for the KAL. My biggest hope would be to complete the maximum 4 projects and earn all the badges, though coming up with GoT themed knits is surprisingly more difficult than one would think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...