Friday, May 23, 2014

Autism Awareness: Blue KAL


Pattern: The Cabled Infinity by me! 
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in the colorway "Ocean"
Needles: #10 
Inspiration: Autism Awareness

When my friend Kay over at IndieString announced her Blue KAL in honor of Autism Awareness Month, I knew I needed to participate.

While I used to not think of Autism touching my life directly, a little insight has helped me believe ASD has touched many. Not just those that are diagnosed, but anyone that has benefited from the vast and extraordinary minds that have been post-diagnosed as well.

For anyone that thinks of people with ASD as strange or odd, I ask them: Don’t you have quirks? Idiosyncrasies? Anything that you like a certain way? Not having eccentricities is much more strange to me than having them. We all have quirks, they are what set us apart, define us, make us special, people with ASD just have them in higher concentrations, and honestly, I think the world flourishes with people like that around.

Another great KAL hosted by the ever lovely Kay on her knitting/spinning/life podcast. If you ever have a little time to be entertained, I would definitely suggest giving her podcast a watch. You can find her on her blogspot here and also on the Ravelry group which is here.

To learn more about Autism please visit: autismspeaks.org

As always, thanks for stopping by.

                                          ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...