Friday, March 7, 2014

The Cabled Infinity ~ A Cowl Pattern


I am really excited. I'm really excited because after 2 months I am finally done designing, test knitting, writing, photographing and producing the pattern for a cowl I came up with. 

Around 6 months ago, I found out that the "Pioneer Woman" Ree Drummond, was going to be coming to my neck of the woods. I have been a fan of her blog for a few years, and my mom loves her cooking show. Thus we planned to go to her book signing.

I thought it would be really cool
to make her something, but I wanted it to be original and completely my own design.

I love cables and I adore cowls, so I thought "why not combine the two". After some trial and error, I came up with this.

I came in right under the wire for finishing a charcoal 'Cabled Infinity', just for Pioneer Woman.
 
After waiting in a very long line (that is a story for another time), I finally got to meet Ree (we're on a first name basis, ha) and presented her gift of which she was very grateful for and even said "I love it when people knit for me".

I knew the minute I finished the one for PW, I would write the pattern. I didn't know, however, it would take so long, lol.

After everything, I am SO excited to finally publish this pattern and make it available for purchase!                                            

You can get "The Cabled Infinity" on Ravelry for $3. The pattern is 9 pages long and includes written instructions for two ways to knit the cowl, corresponding charts and even a photo tutorial for grafting.

Also available upon request, is a second pdf with just the charts, so if you wanted to print them by themselves you could.

As always, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...