Tuesday, May 14, 2013

FO: Mother of Dragons


Pattern: Gris de lin by Cailliau Berangere
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in colorway "Pagoda"
Mods: Knitted 4 repeats instead of 8
Inspiration: Daenerys Targaryen
Purpose: Project 3 of (crossing my fingers) a hopeful 4 for the Game of Thrones KAL

So I've been in a rut of sorts recently. I partially blame the cold I have, which has left me tired and just feeling blah and not in the mood to work on much of anything. Or at least, these are my excuses for a second GoT knit in a row. 

Anyway, on to the knit itself. My inspiration for this cowl was Dany Targaryen and for good reason. Dany is straight up fierce, to the highest degree of fierce. The only match to her fire and determination would be her pure and good heart. If anyone has a good claim to the throne, I think Dany just might be the best bet. She has dragons.


This pattern caught my eye, partially because I liked the texture, but also because it reminded me of the dragon eggs gifted to the Khaleesi in season 1

The pattern worked up nicely and was very well written. Interesting enough to not get boring but not so complicated it left me frustrated. I would love to make it again, but perhaps with a superior yarn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...